One of your spiritual tasks during this time in Spring is to engage in soul work designed to increase your self-confidence.
This moon cycle is carrying us into the fire of Summer. (Can you believe it?! The next moon cycle it will be summer!!) Summer is all about fire, energy & passion. If you connect with your most confident self now, you can grab hold of that fierce summer energy & dive fearlessly into your summer projects & adventures.
Summer is all about doing & building; creating & growing. Connect with your most confident self & align your work with the expansive energy of summer & you’ll have the power to completely change your life.
With increased confidence & bold passion this summer, the harvests you reap next autumn will be the most magical & abundant they’ve ever been.
The New Moon symbolizes a new chapter. Each month we get to begin a new phase in our lives; have a new focus, set a new intention for ourselves. With this week’s New Moon (Tuesday, May 11th), I invite you to set an intention to connect with your most confident self this month.
Below I’ve included a sweet, simple prayer for you to use the power of the Moon to connect with the confident parts of yourself this moon cycle, those parts we too often tend to neglect.
A Simple New Moon Prayer/Meditation
1. Write down everything you can think of that anyone’s ever told you you’re good at. Anything someone’s praised you for, complimented you on, etc. (Don’t dismiss any of the praise, or argue with it, just write it down.)
2. Make an “I am Awesome” list. Write down everything you can think of that you’re good at. Write down accomplishments you’ve made, things you’re proud of, etc. (I suggest keeping this list handy & adding to it all the time!)
Take several deep breaths to relax & center yourself. I like to engage a 5 second breathing exercise – breathe in for a count of 5, pause, and exhale for a count of 5. Do this several time to relax & arrive in this space.
When you’re ready, use a grounding exercise to really anchor yourself & connect with the energy of the Earth & this moment. I do this by spending several minutes envisioning roots growing out of the base of my spine. I picture the roots growing deep into the ground. Sometimes I will anchor those roots on a beautiful crystal deep in the Earth.
2. LIGHT A CANDLE*
When you’re ready light your candle & say these words, or whatever feels right:
Mother Moon, as your light grows this month, it will inspire a deeper confidence to grow within me.
I will embrace the strengths I, and others, have identified in me. And they will be the foundation I will build on this month…
*If you have a red candle, you can light that as red signifies confidence. But any color candle is fine.
3. READ YOUR JOURNAL WRITING
Read aloud what you wrote on your “I am Awesome” list & the things other people have told you you’re good at. As you read these really, deeply, believe what you have written. Don’t let your mind dismiss things. After each things you can say, Yes I am!
After you’ve read your list say these words, (or whatever words come to you):
Mother Moon, please give me the power to remember these strengths when I am feeling weak & my confidence wanes.
Please help me recognize when old negative scripts about myself pop up in my mind. Help me recognize when I am slipping into negative beliefs about myself.
Please give me the clarity to recognize destructive thoughts quickly so I can immediately stop my mind from spiraling & change them.
Please give me the strength to immediately change those negative thoughts about myself into positive, uplifting beliefs & truths about myself.
Sit in quiet contemplation for a few minutes to let this prayer really sink in.
4. SOLAR PLEXUS MEDITATION
When you’re ready begin this lovely Solar Plexus meditation.
Your Solar Plexus chakra is located near your navel, at your stomach. This third chakra is the center of your self-confidence & inner strength.
Clearing & strengthening your third chakra will help increase your confidence.
(Do this meditation as often as possible throughout this moon cycle.)
Solar Plexus Meditation
1. Set a timer for 5-10 minutes. Then gently & lovingly place your hands on your stomach. Imagine your stomach holding a ball of beautiful yellow, glowing light. This light is your Solar Plexus Chakra.
2. Begin taking deep breaths in & pull each breath deep, down into the bottom of your stomach–into your solar plexus.
3. With each breath in, imagine bright yellow light entering your body & traveling down into your solar plexus. Envision this light being added to the glowing orb in your stomach. And with each breath in the yellow orb grows bigger, brighter, stronger.
4. As this light grows, with it your confidence & your personal power also grows. As the light grows bigger & brighter, imagine it spreading from your solar plexus throughout your whole body. Every part of your body is being enveloped in this bright, glowing yellow light. Feel your self becoming stronger & more empowered.
5. PRAYER OF THANKS
When you’re ready, offer a prayer of thanks to the Moon. Use these words, or whatever words come to you:
Blessed Mother Moon, thank you for hearing my prayers. Thank you for helping me to recognize my strengths, and to help me recognize when I am out of my light.
As your light grows this cycle, so will my confidence grow.
Thank you for being with me on this journey. Thank you for watching over me. Blessed be.
6. SNUFF OUT CANDLE
Snuff out your candle or let it safely burn down.
I encourage you to spend a few minutes journaling about your experience & reflect back on the next New Moon.