Wednesday, January 31 is a Super Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse. The first lunar eclipse of 2018 and, whoa!, it. is. powerful.
This is a deeply transformative time. Eclipse energy is powerful enough to altar the direction of your life & propel you into a whole new phase.
This coincides directly with the energy of the season.
Mid-winter is also a hugely transformative time in our lives. This is the time when we are implementing all the changes & plans we dreamt about over winter.
Right now, these energies are combining to make this a huge, HUGE time in our lives. A time of really intense growth & evolution.
Which … doesn’t always feel good. And doesn’t always look the way we intend or expect.
Lunar eclipses are powerful teachers. If changes need to be made in your life, this eclipse is going to set that in motion. It will push things along that could cause abrupt changes & endings.
Whatever comes up for you trust that you are exactly on your path. Even if you don’t understand it, or can’t see why something is happening.
Trust that the Universe has your back & you are exactly where you are supposed to be!
With this eclipse comes the final purge we need to make in our lives in order to enter fully into our next new beginning–which is coming with the arrival of spring.
So hold on to your hats this week. It could be a bit of an intense ride. Just remember to take extra gentle care of yourself & listen really closely to what your spirit needs.
And remember … a New You is being born. And anyone who’s given birth can tell you, being born can be messy, painful business. But woo-eee it is gorgeous in the end. And so worth it!!
Below are some journal prompts & a sweet, lovely ritual you can perform to tap into the energy of this powerful time. (And, don’t feel pressured to do these today or not at all. I firmly believe we can honor these sacred days, and tap into their energy, around the time of the eclipse. Because, you know … life.)
Blessed Full Moon Lunar Eclipse!
LUNAR ECLIPSE JOURNAL PROMPTS/SELF-REFLECTIONS:
This eclipse brings the final purging/letting go that began with the last lunar eclipse in August 2017. This is an ideal time to revisit what was happening in your life at that time. (If you keep a journal, take some time to review what you wrote at that time.)
– What were you experiencing 6 months ago? What was happening in your life in August/September?
– What has changed in your life over the last 6 months?
– Was there anything you identified then as wanting or needing to let go of in order to grow? Have you? If not, how could you move forward with this?
– What do you need to let go of now in order to freely move forward in your life? What beliefs or assumptions are holding you back?
– What changes are you currently experiencing in your life? What is newly beginning?
LUNAR ECLIPSE FULL MOON RITUAL:
*I keep my phone with me when I perform a ritual. I silence my phone & open it to the ritual so I can easily access it for steps & words.
– 2 candles
Specifically an orange candle to represent change & green to represent new beginnings, if you have them.
– Paper & pen
– Tarot deck
1. Sit comfortably at your altar, or somewhere you can safely light your candles.
2. Take a few deep breaths. Spend several minutes grounding yourself, before you begin.
My favorite way of grounding is to take several deep breaths to calm my mind. When I’m ready I begin to envision a root extending slowly from my base, deep down through all the layers of the Earth. When it reaches the center of the Earth I anchor my root to a large, glorious crystal.
Continue to take several deep breaths drawing that rich, Earth energy slowly back up your root until it fills your entire body. Feel that root energy continuing to reach up & out of your crown chakra, extending all the way up to the heavens. Then feel Divine white light energy coming back down through this beautiful connection. Take several more deep breaths feeling yourself anchored firmly to the Earth & the heavens.
3. When you are ready get your pen & paper and ask yourself the first question: What needs to shift in my life?
Begin writing right away. Don’t pause to think, or especially to evaluate what you are writing. Simple write whatever comes through you. Try to write for at least 5 minutes. (I like to set a timer for myself on my phone.)
4. Shuffle your Tarot cards and ask the same question: What needs to shift in my life? Spend some time reflecting on the meaning of this card.
5. Light your orange candle. As you do say*:
Dear Universe/Higher Self/God – I am ready for this shift in my life. I surrender to you the things that no longer serve me for healing, cleansing & purification. Help align my vision so that I may see things from an enlightened perspective & move forward with wisdom, grace & strength.
*Feel free to use these, or your own words.
6. Take several deep breaths & meditate on the flame of the orange candle. Envision all those things you wrote in step 3, and the wisdom given to you by the Tarot, being released & purified by the flame of the candle.
7. When you are ready get your pen & paper & ask yourself the 2nd question: What is newly beginning in my life? Again, begin writing right away. For at least 5 minutes.
8. Shuffle your Tarot cards & ask the same question: What is newly beginning in my life? Reflect on the meaning of this card & how it relates to your life.
9. Light your green candle. As you do say*:
Dear Universe/Higher Self/God – I open myself to the greatest possibilities the coming spring holds for me. I trust that I am on my path & exactly where I am meant to be.I am open to all the blessings you wish for me to experience & co-create with you.
10. Take several deep breaths & meditate on the flame of the green candle. Envision the new beginnings already unfolding in your life.
11. When you are ready, thank the Universe/your Higher Self/God for being with you & sharing this Divine wisdom. You can either snuff our your candles, or let them burn all the way down.